Founded in September 2012 by Marianne Daquet, a French artist and art teacher who made her life’s objective to pass on her strong belief that creativity can make the change in everyone’s life, Atelier has since then evolved in a comprehensive educational project.
Joined by Sébastien Thomas, a French engineer, in 2017, Atelier has opened a new branch in Beijing: Atelier Fablab, the first Fablab* in Beijing: a hub of creative education and technological experimentation unique in China.
Atelier’ s mission is simply to give the best creative and innovative education in Beijing to foster creativity, con dence and autonomy to make our students the actors of a changing world.
range of classes and creative events in Beijing.
- Two campuses in Beijing: Sanlitun and Shunyi
- High quality art & engineering courses for children and adults
- Classes taught in English or French by foreign teachers
- Holiday workshops
- Creative parties for birthday or family days
- Outing in museums or galleries
- Collaboration with schools
- Creative events or classes for companies
- Training for teachers
- Classes for NGO
- Open Lab time slots for makers (children and adults)
- Prototyping machines and professional tools
- Training on the machines, consulting, prototyping solutions for professionals
*a FabLab provides a working space, numerically controlled machines, professional tools and electronic materials for everyone to experiment, learn or work.